Saturday, October 26, 2013

Like Mother, Like Daughter

So Andy's dad graciously watches Ellie 1 or 2 days a week while I'm at work.  He comes over and they play and then I come home.  And it works out great.  He gets to hang out with her, she gets to hang out with him, they take LOOOOOOOONG naps on the couch together, and she's all wound up and not a bit sleepy when I get home.  So really it just works out mostly great.

This past Thursday, when I got home from work, Ellie dearest was not a teensy bit sleepy.  But she had already played with ALL of her toys that morning, so she was completely unimpressed with them by the afternoon.  Basically, I was running out of things to do with her to keep her occupied.  She's not the kind of kid that will just sit nicely and play or sit nicely and read a book or sit at all.  She's got to be moving and having something to do to keep busy.  So we went downstairs  and had a little photoshoot.



Same piano and everything.  It was my grandmother's and she taught piano lessons on it for years and years and years.  As the music teacher in the family, I inherited it and now teach lessons on it every week.  It's very special to me.  And it makes me so happy (and a little weepy, to be perfectly honest) to see my daughter sit at it and play just like I did so many years ago.  Here are some other favorite pictures of mine from that afternoon...






Ellie also wanted to remind you that we are in the final hours of our Thirty-One party!

Look how much stuff it can hold!!

Hop on over here and get your order in before it's too late!  Just click on 'place an order' and then 'shop now' next to my name (hint: I'm the only Heather on the list!) and have fun shopping!  If you spend $50 or more (before tax and shipping), you will be entered to win a $20 Thirty-One gift certificate and the odds are still looking pretty good!  Also, if you're local, you can save $4 on shipping by selecting 'ship to hostess' and visiting me sometime to pick up your order rather than having it shipped directly to you.  Seriously, this is some good stuff, so go pick out a gift for someone you love or, even better, something nice for yourself.  You deserve it!

We had a super amazing time at Fall Fest last weekend and Trick-or-Treating last night.  Then this morning, Ellie's Great-Grand-Pap came for a surprise visit!  He just happened to be at a woodcarver's show down the road and so he called and they stopped by after they were done.  So it's been a busy, but really fun time so far in October.  I'll have more pictures for you sometime next week, but probably not until I do our 10 month update.  Wait, did I just say that??  10 Months?  Double-digits?!  Nope.  I changed my mind.  It's not happening.  I am cancelling all further Month-days.  No growing up for you.

1 comment:

  1. Her hair looks SO RED in that last picture. I know, it's just the lighting. But she's so FLIPPING CUTE. <3

    ReplyDelete