Saturday, January 26, 2013

2 Weeks Old and a Checkup

[Disclaimer: I know this post is a week late.  I've been working on it for the full week.  Just pretend that it was posted a week ago!]

My daughter is now 2 weeks old.  Woah.  There are so many crazy things going on in that sentence.  First of all, I still can't get used to the fact that I have a daughter.  Secondly, two whole weeks old?!  Already?  Only?  Maybe it's the sleep deprivation or the wild and crazy hormonal changes, but I just can't get my mind wrapped around all of this.  So anyway, here's our 2 week update!

2 Weeks Old!

Our checkup on Friday went really well, except for the pooping on the scale incident.  The nurse didn't seem to think that was out of the ordinary though, so I guess it's all good.  Little Miss is up to 5 pounds 4 ounces now!  Honestly, with the way she's been eating, I'm not at all surprised.  Her cheeks are getting nice and chubby and she's got a bit of a double chin going on now too, which is just plain adorable on a baby.  Everything else checked out fine, too.  Her scabs have fallen off of her head (thank goodness, because they were gross!) and her umbilical cord stump fell off Monday evening (which is good, because it was a pain putting her diapers on around it!).  She's still wearing the preemie diapers, but the newborn ones are REALLY close to fitting, so after this pack is gone, we're making the switch!  And her newborn sized clothes are fitting a little bit better too.  She doesn't look quite as scrawny as she used to!

Playing on the floor with Daddy!

I had kind of a strange day on Friday, as it was my due date.  Here's a reminder of what's gone on the past 40 weeks:

The day I found out I was pregnant.


20 Weeks, halfway there!


38 Weeks, headed to the hospital - the last pregnant picture of me!

40 Weeks/Due Date


Crazy, huh?!  Ok, moving on.

Other accomplishments this week include: Andy getting crazy amounts of work done around the house (the nursery is almost done!) and my first trip out by myself!  I drove my own car and wore jeans and everything!  I was supposed to be getting groceries, but it was just so nice to be out of the house that I kind of wandered around and did other shopping and ended up being out for over 5 hours.  Oops!  Oh well.

And, lastly, a question for you to ponder . . .


So, what do you think??

2 comments:

  1. Ooh...Heather, she's a good mix of you & Andy! :D Little Ellie is just adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree she is a good mix of both of you. I see Andy in her eyes & nose but you in her mouth & hands. She will grow and who she looks like most will change. My kids looked more like me when they were little but they look more like Mike now that they are grown up. It also depends on who knows you best. People that know Andy longer will think she looks like him & people who know you longer will think she favors you. In the end she will look like Ellie. =) She is so adorable. Loving the pictures & updates.

    ReplyDelete