Tuesday, January 29, 2013

3 Weeks and Mommy Flies Solo!


Ellie is three weeks old now and boy is she accomplishing a lot!  We all are, really.  Andy was back at work Tuesday through Thursday and, although it was difficult, we all survived!  Here are some highlights from this past week:

So Tuesday was Andy's first day back at work and my first day home alone.  It was pretty boring (in a good way) until the last hour or so before he got home.  The cat that used to live here came around the deck and our cat, Maggie, freaked out at the sliding glass door.  She was hissing and growling and attacking the glass and everything.  Of course, Ellie was eating at the time, so I had no idea what was going on.  As soon as I could, I went over to the dining room to check on the cat (with all the noise, I thought maybe a stack of boxes had fallen on her or something!) and startled her and she scratched my foot pretty badly.  So then Ellie finished eating, but not before pooping on me.  Then while I was in the nursery changing her, I guess Maggie felt bad about how she treated me and came in and HOPPED UP ON THE CHANGING TABLE!  So there I am, covered in poop, trying to re-diaper and dress a screaming baby who is also covered in poop, and there's a purring cat in my face trying to apologize for making me bleed.  Crazy, crazy day.

Zonked out on the couch with Daddy

Thursday evening, after Ellie had finished eating, I was burping her and she spit up a whole bunch of milk.  Through her nose.  Gross, but hilarious at the same time.  I kind of felt bad for the kid though - I always vomit through my nose, so I know exactly how it felt.


Snuggles with Mommy on a super cold day!

We've also been having fun trying out Tummy Time!  Take a look!




(I had a cute little video to put in here, but I could NOT get it to upload - I literally tried for three days!)

Ellie also got to experience her first snow this week!  Well, ok, that's not true because it snowed the night after she was born, but it was just a little flurry and we were stuck inside the hospital, so it doesn't really count.


AND, to celebrate being three whole weeks old, we had our first Tub Bath on Saturday evening!  It did not go well.  She screamed the entire time, until I took her out and wrapped her up in a towel.  Then she was little miss happy pants.  See?


Hopefully the screaming was just a result of an unfamiliar sensation and it will go away in time, but she still screams bloody murder every time we change her diaper, so I guess we will see!

And that's all the news for this week!  Coming soon: 4 week update, one month checkup, and the full nursery reveal!  Stay tuned!

1 comment: