Monday, July 9, 2012

Welcome!

Welcome to my little corner of the internet!  If you're here at this point, you probably know me in person and have come to find out more about our journey into parenthood.  If you don't, please leave a comment - I'd love to 'meet' you!


Here's some background to get you up-to-date on our Baby story...


On May 25th, I went to work not feeling well at all.  Came home, took a test, and it came out positive!  Being the creative person I am, I wanted to find a memorable way to tell Andy the good news.  So I taped the positive test to the shelf above the toilet so that when he got home from work and went to the bathroom (like he does every.single.day.) he would see it.  Sure enough, he got home and didn't have to use the bathroom.  (sidenote: this is how most of my plans seem to work out.  be prepared for many disappointments in the future.)  So I lied and told him the shelf was broken and he needed to go fix it.  To which I got, "Ok, I'll take care of it later."  (someday I will tell you our engagement story and this next part will make more sense)  I basically had to scream at him to fix it now, after which he stomped into the bathroom, noticed it was there, DIDN'T READ THE RESULT, and came back out yelling at me for yelling at him.  Like I said, this is how my plans go down.  It took five minutes of calming down before I could convince him to actually READ the test and then of course he squealed and jumped up and down and hugged me, just like I wanted in the first place.  Success.


So since then, I've been to two appointments and been to the lab twice.  Everything seems to be going well so far.  I'm 12 weeks (and 2 days!) along as of today and we are 'due' on January 18th.  Yes, I said 'due'.  With my family history, that's likely to be February, so I'm not taking that date too seriously.  


Today we heard the heart beat for the first time.  I was panicking that I hadn't heard it yet, but all is well.  Baby beat out a lively 160 for the nurse.  I cried like a proud Momma should.  Hubby hugged me like a supportive Daddy should.  Success.


So here we are, finally able to tell the world about our little Nugget and loving every minute of it.  My mom, over at CJ's Sewing Room is already busy getting fabrics together for our nursery and we've already started buying some furniture.  None of it felt real until today though when I heard that precious little *WHOMP whomp whomp whomp*.  Being a music teacher, I've heard and been a part of some incredible music, but that tiny little heart beat has to be one of the most beautiful sounds I have ever heard.


Thanks for joining us on our journey and stay tuned for more updates!

10 comments:

  1. What a fun story, Heather! You're so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for you!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather! I am so excited for you guys! <3 You & Andy are going to make GREAT parents!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love you guys! So real...and so animated! Congratulations again...you are not only going to make great parents, but you will be really fun parents too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love you guys! So real...yet so animated! Congratulations again! Not only will you make great parents but you'll be really fun parents!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute story - about that due date, just add 8 days :)
    Thanks for the plug too, I'm about to take fabric pictures and make my first grandma post. Love you forever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you add 6 days to that due date & you will deliver on our 27th anniversary. LOL What a great story! Hugz.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you add 6 more days to that due date you could deliver on our 27th anniversary. LOL What a cute story! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute blog!! Congrats, looking forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Like the blog. Just have that baby on the 26th. I need a really nice 50th birthday present. No pressure! LOL
    Love ya,
    Aunt Carlene

    ReplyDelete