Tuesday, April 16, 2013

A New Adventure for Momma??

Time for some more advice, momma friends!

Andy and I have been discussing the possibility of me finding a part-time job, just to help contribute more financially to the family.  We both love the fact that I'm staying home with Ellie, but right now we could really use the extra income.  Well I am NOT going back to retail, but other part-time positions don't come around all that often.  So we were basically in the 'we'll keep an eye out for something' phase.  Well, we found it.

I am interviewing on Thursday for a part-time position that I think I would really like.  It would have regular hours and only keep me out of the house for half-days, a few days a week.  So I would still get to spend a LOT of time at home with Ellie.  AND I would still be able to teach my lessons.  It's not the type of job that comes open very often, so that's why I'm pursuing it now, even though I wish Ellie was a little bit older.  We're pretty sure that I'm going to get it, too.

So here's my question: what in the world should I do about child care and how do I go about finding that?!  Ellie seems to be pretty needy - she doesn't like to be put down, won't nap in a crib, etc. - so I'm not sure that a daycare would work for her.  Heck, I'm pretty sure they would take her for one day and then tell me not to come back!  But I'm not sure how to go about finding an in-home babysitter that I could actually trust.  We have some people at church that we are thinking about asking to watch her, but we need to have a backup plan in case they can't do it/won't do it/turn me away after one day with Miss MoodyPants.  

So, what's your advice on going 'back' to work?  I've never done this before, so I could really use your help!

(and because no post is complete without one, here's a picture of my big kitchen helper!)
Mom, how did you ever cook dinner without me here to talk you through it?!

2 comments:

  1. I'll do it, but your commute would be terrible.....LOL

    Love the picture!!! Ellie looks so big sitting there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks so cute in her seat. :)

    Aunt Carlene

    ReplyDelete