Thursday, April 4, 2013

Ellie's First Easter!

(caution: this post contains a whole bunch of pictures!)


Ellie celebrated her first Easter this past weekend!  We had a busy, but wonderful time!

First, on Saturday we made the drive up to Grandma and Pappy's house!  We packed the car to the roof, but at least we didn't run out of anything.  Grandma did wash an outfit for us while we were there, but still.  We did NOT run out of anything!

We had a fun time just hanging out around the house all day.

My favorite place to nap!

Ellie got some snuggles from everyone, and we had an opportunity to get some pictures with the two of us together!  It's been a LONG time since I got someone to take our picture, so it was about time for an updated one!

Fuzzy Bunny ears tickle my noggin!

She also got some much-needed snuggle time with Grandma!

Doesn't this light make my hair look red like Grandma's??

Listening while Grandma tells me secrets.
(I LOVE that last picture - something about the lighting just makes me melt!)

She had some good snuggle time with Pappy too, but I was downstairs rooting through mom's fabric stash (time for a new purse!), so I didn't get to take any pictures.

Ellie also got her first Easter basket from Grandma and Pappy!

My basket!  It's just so beautiful!

And then lounged on the couch for a little while.

I'm a cutie and I know it!

And then sat herself up away from the corner of the couch (um, when did she get the ability to do THAT?!) and played with a few of her Easter basket toys!

My hair looks a little red here, too!

Then Auntie Andrea finally got home from work . . .


. . . and Ellie got to meet her (dun dun DUN!) FUTURE UNCLE JOSH!


(and this is how Uncle Josh really feels about getting his picture taken...)



Then it was finally time to head home.  We got home SUPER late and then I still had to stay up and feed Ellie, so it was after midnight before I finally got to bed, but it was totally worth it.  We had a GREAT day!

Sunday morning went pretty well, too!  We decided to skip Sunday School since we got home so late. Consequently, we had time for a quick FAMILY picture before leaving!  It's not very often that we get one of these!


And that's the best one we got.  She's not screaming and doesn't have her fists in her mouth, so I really think that's the best I can ask for!

After church, she got to spent some quality time with Grandpa Frank . . .

Pastor's sermon put me to sleep!  Oops!

. . . who does NOT know how to stand still!  Seriously.  The church is rather dark, so even standing by the window I had the shutter speed set pretty slow.  I tried explaining to him that he needed to stand still and he wouldn't stop talking or laughing or bouncing her around or turning his head to talk to someone else.  It was crazy!  I've seen little kids that will sit still longer than him!  Oh well, this is the best picture that I got.  And I took at least 30.  *sigh*

Then we came home and Ellie got to open her Easter basket from Mommy and Daddy!


And then it was time for her to eat.  After that we headed over to Grandpa Frank's house for a late lunch and some cheesecake (MY FAVORITE!) and then we came home and utterly crashed.  It was a crazy busy weekend, but so wonderful at the same time.  I love celebrating all of these 'firsts' with my baby girl!

One last picture before I go.  This is a 'blooper' that was just too cute not to share.  This is what we call the Royal Pout.  It's what happens before the screaming starts.  And it is just too CUTE!  

Mommy, I am DONE taking pictures!

Andy says that she looks just like me when she does that, but I'm not so sure I see it :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment